These wonderful books about weird creatures are a great introduction to the species with which we share our planet.
A Curious Collection of Peculiar Creatures is an introduction to the unconventional beauty of the world’s wackiest species, with facts on conservation status, diet, strange quirks and habitat. You’ll meet the Bornean orangutan (whose immense cheek pads give a ‘dinner plate’ face), the red-lipped batfish who is a terrible swimmer (with leg-shaped fins that are better for walking on the sea floor) and the mysterious goblin shark (rarely seen by humans) with a long snout and terrifying flexible jaw to snatch its prey. Other creatures include the Amazon river dolphin, monkey slug caterpillar, star-nosed mole and black rain frog.
Who Are You Calling Weird? is a celebration of weird and wonderful animals. And downright bizarre. This marvellous book will instil a love of all creatures for both children and yourself. In this book you’ll meet:
- The three-toed sloth with his green fur
- The pink and wiggly appendage of the star-nosed mole
- The long, skeletal finger of an aye-aye (to locate insects in trees)
- The barrel-shaped eyes of a fish that turns upward to see prey through its transparent head
- The big bulbous nose of a monkey (to attract a mate)
- The armour-like scales of a pangolin (so tough that even lions and tigers can’t bite through them).
- A smelly bird that climbs trees with claws
- A roly-poly scaly creature
- A duck-billed egg-laying critter