Would you like to know where to find organic children’s clothes? These brands are mostly made from cotton, linen or hemp. Linen is liable to wrinkle easily, but organic cotton is a good material, as is hemp. Both are soft and hard-wearing, last for years and cause no hassle to grow. The fibres also last longer, as they have not been treated with chemicals. So you can pass the clothes to the next child. See clothing brands that help animals (many of these companies that donate to animal charities also offer organic cotton t-shirts and other clothes for children). Also see where to find vegan children’s shoes.
For their rainwear and a few other items that are made from recycled polyester, wash in a Guppyfriend (stops plastic fibres breaking off in the machine, and reaching the sea, where they could harm marine creatures).
NHS suggests to help avoid crib death, to avoid over-heating children with sleeping bags (and take off warm hats and extra bedding if babies are in warm areas, including cars).
- Frugi is a fab little company which designs super-colourful organic cotton clothing from Cornwall. For babies and children, the range is sold alongside award-winning organic cotton nursing wear, and a few other items like organic cotton duvet sets for children and natural gifts. Everything is made ethically in India, and it’s all sent in biodegradable packaging, made from potatoes!
- From Babies with Love offers nice organic cotton clothing, with profits helping babies in developing countries (mostly providing foster homes).
- Kalusha offers lovely classic linen dresses, along with some nice linen bedding for children.
- Kerfuffle & Malarkey offers nice organic cotton t-shirts in animal designs, with profits helping wildlife charities. Some other designs benefit children’s charities.
- The Kindness Coop offers lovely organic cotton clothing for children (and adults) with profits helping a charity that helps young people with mental health issues.
- Piccalilly makes gorgeous clothing in organic cotton, packed with fun designs. The range is from newborn to 10 years old.
- Kite offers nice quality organic cotton clothing, inspired by their headquarters in beautiful Poole in Dorset. Just yards from the sea, they have one of the world’s best adventure playgrounds on their doorstep.
Renewabilitee offers t-shirts for men, women and children, all made from certified organic cotton, made ethically in factories here and in India. In stunning designs, you can also send them back at end of use, to be recycled.
- Little Green Radicals makes nice eco-friendly clothing in plastic-free packaging. Made ethically, find everything from dungarees and jumpsuits to spring summer jackets.
- Toby Tiger offers nice colourful clothing with fun appliques, easy poppers, adjustable shoulder straps & super-soft reversible fabric.
- Supernatural was created by another Sussex mother, offering quality organic clothing for children from 3 months, using lovely sustainable fabrics. No pink or blue, these have eye-catching colours with leggings, hoodies & dresses.
- Lottie & Lysh create fresh, fun and funky fashion for children and babies on the beautiful Cornish coast, using cool fabric and unique designs. Their animal jackets have thousands of fans (Bertie Bear, Bonnie Bunny and Rocky Raccoon) and the baby/toddler leggings are also popular.
- Tilly & Jasper is a beautiful online store beautiful organic clothing, that children love to wear. This shop has an evolving range of fun and playful designs to reflect mood, personality and creativity.
- MORI (Japanese for ‘forest’) offers soft organic cotton & bamboo clothing, all made to fair working conditions (pre-loved items are sent to a London charity). Do not use padded/bulky clothing or sleeping bags in car seats (to keep babies warm, they suggest adjust temperature and place blanket over straps, once harnessed).