To turn your blog into a business is a good idea in modern times, with many people working from home. If you enjoy sharing helpful information, could you make a living from a local or niche blog? It depends. This site has lots of posts that earn nothing (wildlife shelters, find lost pets, save the planet). But it also has some affiliate links. If your blog is only about a local homeless shelter, then obviously it won’t earn anything. But if you are a small business who would like to earn an income from doing what you love (and not have to work in an unethical job to pay the bills), then it may be worth pursuing. And the more local and niche your blog is, the easier it is to get traffic. And the more traffic you get, the more easy it is earn a little moolah.
In the US, Ecocult is an example of a good local blog. This talented writer not only gives all natives of the Big Apple info on green living, but also recommends local brands and is also called on as an ‘expert sustainable living writer’ for New City. And this local wedding blogger makes a full-time income – even though no-one outside her area has ever heard of her site.
See the small business category for info on setting up a site or blog, how to find a pretty blog theme and get traffic. Then use these helpful resources, to turn your blog into a business. The good news is that if you get it right, you can often earn a full-time income for part-time hours (while still doing some good).
- The Blogging Blueprint is an super online course by Tiffany, who has been blogging for years and has good experience of what works (she now gets tens of thousands of visitors daily, for a mostly passive income). Beautifully designed, it covers content, design, protein, income and social media.
- The Blogging Babe Planner & Building a Profitable Blog (as a bundle ) is 64 pages of tips to brand your blog, newsletter and social media.
- Get Paid to Pin is an e-book on how to make affiliate income on Pinterest. This is not social media but a search engine. It has millions of users. If you use it right, it’s a good way to earn passive income, as you are allowed to insert affiliate links for sustainable fashion items, blog themes etc).
- Crafted to Convert Course is a friendly course by a married couple who make a six-figure income from their blog design business. Membership includes lifetime access to all their combined knowledge. And if you use SquareSpace, you get free access to all their themes.
Stray Curls Blogging E-Books
This little site sells quicks, simple, fun and affordable e-books (in bundles too to save money). Ideal for any small home-business, they include:
- Skyrocketing Your Blog Traffic
- Blog Planner (sold as a blog bundle)
- Creative Workbook for Creatives (as a bundle with Self-Care Planner)
- Get a Profitable Side Hustle
- Business Plan Guide
- Business Bundle
- Build a Business with 7 Weekly Emails
- Evergreen Sales Funnels
- Passive Income Bundle
This site is also by a successful blogger, who offers nice e-books: