If you would like to transform your business dreams to reality, it can be done. But often you may need a little help. Sometimes if you are creating a big shop and have lots of funding, banks will help you. But if you are setting up a little ethical shop that is more about passion than profit, these books can help give a kick-start, while at the same time sticking to your principles.
- Make It Happen is a book to help transform your dreams into reality. This book for creative entrepreneurs is just what you need, to help you make your creative vision in your head, become a business. Often people with good right-brains don’t have very good left-brains, so you may need a bit of help. The author shares case studies and hot tips from creative courageous entrepreneurs.
- Making a Living (living) is a book on how to be successful, doing what you love. Structured around 26 individuals, this book includes exercises peppered throughout, to learn how to focus vision, stay disciplined, trust yourself, take (calculated) risks, see lessons in failures and make an income. You’ll meet a vegan chocolatier, a tiny house builder, a woodcarver, a tea company founder, a horticulturalist, a dinner party host, a creative network founder, an ethical fashion designer and a potter. Advice includes to keep things simple (to save money and time), make things sustainable (because people do care) and keep your eyes fresh – and brain engaged.
- The Right-Brain Business Plan is a beautifully illustrated guide on recycled paper by entrepreneur Jennifer Lee, who gave up a corporate career to help others build sustainable businesses. If you feel you are too creative to build a business plan, use these illustrated worksheets to help guide you to develop a financial plan with fun and flair, clarify goals, paint a picture of your business landscape.
- Building Your Business the Right-Plan Way is Jennifer’s follow-up book, to help develop your creative small business further. Combining solid business expertise with a creative perspective and innovation, this fresh empowering approach to success for long-term results will help you. Build your brand, develop new income streams, promote your business (with authenticity).
- Find Your Creative Voice is a book to help you ignore MPs who tell you to give up ballet and take up cyber jobs, and make the most of your right-brained creative self. Artist and illustrator Lisa Congdon brings her expertise to this guide, to help you rediscover your artistic self. With advice from herself and many established artists, illustrators and creatives, this unique book shows readers how to identify and nurture their own identity, navigate the influence of artists they admire and appreciate the journey.