Square Root Soda is a lovely company offering small batch sodas, from East London. Sold in some of England’s best pubs, bars and restaurants, this brand was started in a kitchen, offering drinks made with whole fresh fruits. Everything is made by them with no shortcuts or compromise The fruits are squished to produce fresh drinks.
You’ll find the ingredients from their drinks in your kitchen, and all ingredients are recognised and easy to pronounced. These sodas are made seasonally to keep the fruit the freshest, in eco packaging. The range includes:
- Lemonade – the classic drink that is real and unique: it uses top quality Sicilian lemons, to keep sugar low
- Cola – this uses freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice, raw cane sugar and real essential oils, for a cola that tastes like cola sweets.
- Ginger Beer – fresh root ginger is pressed and steeped to release spicy flavours, then blended with squeezed lemon juice and four types of light and dark sugar.
- Apple Soda is made from a mix of British apples, with no need for artificial sweeteners. The combination is used simply from whatever is fresh and tastes good. The 2020 batch contained Bramley, Discovery and Miller’s Seedling.
- Pear & Aronia Soda features sweet nectar-like juice from crisp rusty Kentish Conference and Williams variety pears. Combined with Aronia berries, this is crammed with nutritional goodness.
- Blackcurrant Soda is packed with powerful sharp yet sweet tastes, balanced with a touch of British beet sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Square Root also offers some nice mixers including:
- Non-Alcoholic Negroni – a fizzy, booze-free version on the Italian aperitif, made with grapefruit, orange, raspberry and blackberry juice, balsamic vinegar, spices and quinine.
- Non-Alcoholic Gin & Tonic – all the fragrancy of gin, with none of the sauce. With steam-distilled Sicilian lemon peel, quinine, Persian dried lime, coriander and cardamom. Avoid quinine for pregnancy, nursing and contraindicated medical conditions.
- Non-Alcoholic Mojito – a cocktail with sun-dried limes, kaffir lime leaf and fresh lime juice, and raw cane sugar for Cuban flavour.