Do you sometimes wish you were one of those people who have figured it all out? That you could look up to the sky, and know the right thing to do? If only we had a method of knowing if we are on the right path? Of course, people who have faith have this already. You’ve likely heard ‘there are many paths up the same mountain’ to find wisdom and peace. Problem is that different religions have different ideas. A fundamentalist Christian would say ‘You can’t go up that Hindu mountain, or you’ll burn in hell’. A Hindu may say ‘you must chant this mantra, or you’ll have bad Karma’. And the Buddhist may say ‘Just sit and be’.
Actually if you go up the expertise ladder of spiritual guides, information tends to be pretty consistent, whether you believe in Grace or Karma. You live a good life, and reap the actions of what you sow. And there’s no Hell (that’s made up by people in power). So here are a few people who (it appears) likely have more wisdom than most of us. If you are up for some interesting reading to open your mind and explore:
- Life Explained is a series of a videos by a German spiritual student, whose atheist father told his son that due to the horrors of War, he could never believe in God. He joked on his deathbed that if he was wrong, he would come back to tell him. Years later, a (genuine) spiritual mentor approached him and said ‘Your father wants to tell you: you were right – now go tell the world’. These educational short videos cover why we’re here.
- Happy Yoga is a wonderful book by yoga teacher Steve Ross, who spent years in India, learning from real gurus. The 7 chapters cover love, death, work, reincarnation, food etc. Life-changing.
- Anna Sayce is an Oxford-educated spiritual intuitive, who can speak to angels and guides, and teach you to do the same. She believes ‘ghosts’ are simply earthbound spirits, and shows you how to peacefully send them on their way to find peace. Read her book The Empath’s Toolkit.
- Ellen Grace O’Brian is an award-winning poet, writer and spiritual teacher (download a beautiful free meditation). She serves people of all faiths, to live an awakened life. Read her book The Jewel of Abundance.
- The Happi Empire is a site run by spiritual student Fran, whose other job is a graphic designer. She combines her knowledge and creativity to make lovely online courses, and journals to cultivate gratitude and mindfulness.
- Life: A User’s Manual is a book for anyone who thinks that life should come with instructions. A psychotherapist and philosopher draw from wisdom of Ancient Greece to Japan. Learn what the greatest thinkers taught on grief, free will, and learning from mistakes.
- Yogi Cameron came to England from Iran (with mixed parentage) during the war, and became a supermodel. He gave it all up to study yoga and Ayurveda, and now he and his wife run Inspire Living (pay what you can afford), a membership site of real wisdom on how to live life.
Christ’s teaching of reincarnation and our soul burden (karma) was suppressed. Once we understand that our present life is not the only life that we will ever have (and that existence continues after our physical death), the meaning of life will no longer be a mystery. Hans Wilhelm
Question from reader: As I read this, I am thinking, if I go after a relaxed, peaceful, serene state of being. Is it possible that once I attain that state, I don’t even need to define what I want anymore? I am thinking that once I find that background peace and happiness, my desires will come on their own as well, with clarity. Is that correct or I am just being lazy? Sen’s answer: ‘Actually, that’s how it works’. Sen, Calm Down Mind).