Nontoxic wallpaper & wallpaper paste are ideal, if you use this over house paint. Conventional wallpaper is covered with all kinds of toxic glues, and cannot be recycled, after use. Also ensure the papers are from recycled or sustainable papers, and printed with water-based inks. Use with nontoxic wallpaper pastes.
- SimpleStrip is a blend of biodegradable detergent and enzymes that you apply on walls as sheets (you can reuse them up to 50 times). They remove wallpaper much faster than steaming or chemical strippers, and are also much safer, with less environmental impact. The site has full use information.
- Earthborn Wallpaper Paste is made from non-toxic wood and free from synthetic resins. It can hang all wall coverings and is easy to apply, and also works with fabric wall coverings.
- Veruso Lino is the world’s first compostable wallpaper (in neutral colours, it features partly visible plant fibres for a delicate structure). Free from artificial dyes, when you change the walls, just remove it and pop it in the compost bin, along with their wood-fibre powdered organic wallpaper paste.
- Little Greene (above) makes luxury wallpapers in several designs and colours, made with sustainable papers and printed with nontoxic inks, and use nontoxic wallpaper paste.
- Farrow & Ball also offers luxury wall coverings in several designs with eco inks. Their powdered wallpaper paste is mixed with water, to avoid waste (each tub can hang up to 5 rolls of their wallpaper).