Just over the border to France we go, to meet our Gallic friends. The environmental movement in France is strong, with the Europe Ecology party having many elected officials. Rather than buy into the media’s ‘Little Englander’ approach, visit Care4Calais to learn why refugees risk their lives (you need to read different newspapers!)
- French Kiss Collections offers absolutely gorgeous digital designs by an American photographer who lives in the Loire Valley. Her designs are inspired by Provence, local French walls and flea markets.
- Balade en Provence offers beautiful vegan palm-oil free soaps from Provence. Choose scent-free (babies, pregnancy, nursing, allergies) or soaps for beauty, shaving or ‘pour l’homme’. There are also solid shampoos, with pretty travel tins. Avoid shea butter for latex allergies. Use voucher code PROVENCE10 for 10% off every order above 25€
- French vegans? Mais, oui! Marie Laforêt is a young chef with several cookbooks. And Thomas at Full of Plants creates plant-based versions of French cheeses, crepes, creme caramel, rillettes & pate de foie gras. If you live with animals, see foods to avoid near pets.
- Très Green, Très Clean, Très Chic is by a journalist who updated the French lifestyle to offer beauty tips, yoga poses & seasonal recipes: White Asparagus Velouté, Salade Niçoise, Beauty Bourguignon, Pancrêpes, Apple Tarte Tatin & Mousse au Chocolove!
- Good Guys Don’t Wear Leather is a hip young shoe company offering vegan boots, sneakers, sandals, loafers & children’s shoes.