To clean your windows naturally, means avoiding toxic window cleaners, and just learning a few simple facts.
When you’ve cleaned your windows, do not place foliage where feathered friends can see them, to help stop birds flying into windows for lists of inventions (screens and ‘bird friendly glass’).
- Sweep dirt with a dustpan and brush (ideally on a cloudy day)
- Use biodegradable dish wash to clean the windows. Or use Bio-D Glass & Mirror Cleaner (also in bulk and refill) is applied with a dry cloth for a streak-free shine, and can also be used on stainless steel.
- Dry in a z-shape with a compostable cloth (vertical inside and horizonal outside, then you know which side streaks are).
- Wear Fair Trade rubber gloves.
- Make your own glass cleaner: mix equal parts cleaning vinegar (not food-grade) and water, they spray on (soak bird droppings for 20 minutes).
- You can also use this to remove mineral deposits on cars (park east to naturally defrost your car and avoid toxic sprays – or use an old car mat the night before, secured with the wipers).