These books to help someone with alcohol addiction, are ideal if you think someone you love has a problem (or it could be yourself). Alcohol addiction issues soared during the COVID-19 lockdowns, and there was a big problem beforehand. These books are non-preachy and offer a helping hand, either to help yourself or find professional help.
- How to Quit Alcohol in 50 Days is by certified alcohol coach Simon Chapple, who has helped thousands of people to quite drinking. This journey is split into 2 parts. Days 1 to 25 asks you to take an honest look at the impact alcohol is having on your life, examine the reasons for drinking and arm you with tools to give up. Days 26 to 50 takes you on the journey to give up, answering questions that come up along the way.
- Drink Less, Live More shows that less really is more, when it comes to alcohol. Drinking less means more energy, more focus and more money. It’s a huge step to better health, better moods and a better life. Whether you’re keen to cut down or give up completely, this pocket book has all the facts and ideas you need.
- The Alcohol Experiment offers you a 30-day experiment, to see how you feel by giving up drinking for 30 days. You can then choose to continue with no alcohol, or introduce it in smaller amounts. The book asks you to look closer at why you drink, what you get out of it, and whether it’s the alcohol that’s giving you what you want.
- Love Yourself Sober is a book on alcohol-free living for busy mothers. This book looks at how a problematic relationship with alcohol can easily develop, particularly with time-poor mothers. This book shows you how to recognise if you have a problem, and what to do about it.
- Quit Like a Woman is an honest book by a woman who wanted to a way to recover from her addiction, but found that most professional help was geared towards helping men. Most women’s drinking problems service lunches, book clubs and weddings, and at home alone. Holly noticed that alcohol companies often target women in particular. This is a call-to-arms to celebrate your life.