Greener luggage & passport holders are good for getting around, as lot of items are made from plastic or leather, especially passport holders. This apple leather passport holder is made from waste of the apple harvest. It’s not totally biodegradable but less polluting than real leather and of course is kind to animals. Look out for the new greener plant-based leather Mirum that is coming onto the market. It holds a passport, boarding pass and two travel cards.
Other Greener Luggage Finds
- Lorton & Horn Travel Wallet is made from Microfiber leather, and holds a passport, iPhone, coins and keys. There’s a secure zip for notes, and tab for sunglasses or charging cable.
- Elephant Branded passport holder is made from recycled cement bags. Profits help to buy stationery for children in Africa or Asia.
- Samsonite offers recycled plastic luggage, with cork handles.
- PHOENX makes luggage from recycled plastic and fishing line, and the carry-on bag/clothes protector are from recycled materials.
- Phoenix Instinct offers wheelchair-friendly luggage. It moves in each direction, even up and down curbs.
- Donate unwanted luggage to Welsh charity Bags of Hope, which helps children move home with dignity.