These ethically-made purses & wallets are ideal to replace those made with leather, often from countries with poor animal welfare laws (leather is not a by-product of the meat industry). Or plastic (mostly made with polluting PVC). Although most vegan leathers are not fully biodegradable, they are better than leather that is cruel and polluting (Mirum is a new greener plant-based leather).
- Corkor (Portugal) makes beautiful wallets (also for men) from local cork. This material looks and feels like leather, and trees are not felled.
- WAKEbag Wallet is made from waterproof paper that looks like leather. Perfect to fit cards and pockets.
- Watson & Wolfe Black Vegan Wallet (also sold at WEARTH London) is hand-crafted from vegan leather (50% oil from corn), lined with recycled plastic bottles. It has 8 card pockets, 2 note pockets – add up to 4 initials.
- Oliver Co Black Slim Card Holder is made from Italian apple leather (with organic cotton satin lining), and can hold 6 cards, folded notes and receipts. With a classic minimal design, add the recipient’s initials for a fee.
- Luxtra Men’s Wallet has 8 internal card slots, 2 bill sleeves and 2 receipt pockets. Or choose the Bifold Wallet, Card Holder or Silver Wallet.
- Willow Earth Canvas Card Wallet has four slots (2 on each side) so plenty of room for all your cards. In rust, indigo, mustard or stone.
Fun Affordable Coin Purses
- Willow Earth Canvas Coin Purse (many colours) has a cork logo. This pretty cork coin purse is good to hold jingling change and uses high-quality zips.
- Elephant Branded Wallet is handcrafted from recycled cement bags by villagers in Cambodia. Sales support donations of stationery to children.
- Lazy Luna Black Cotton Purse is a stylish Fair Trade purse made by women in India. Hand wash in cool water.