HumanKind is a heartwarming book about how we can change the world, with small acts. Brad’s life changed instantly when his wife Mia was diagnosed with leukemia. After spending 2.5 years by her side and trying to shield their young son from the worst, they were met with an outpouring of kindness from others.
Knowing how simple acts of kindness transformed his and other’s world, he sought out to share the best stories for this book, to help inspire. You’ll meet the six-year old who launched a global kindness movement, a band of seamstress grandmothers who mend clothes for homeless people and discover how just the right words, can change someone’s world, as well as your own.
The book includes details of where you can send letters to children in hospital, lonely seniors, refugees and veterans, and how you can fund surgery to cure someone’s blindness, for less than a couple of hundred pounds. Also includes 50 more ideas to change a life. The book is American, here are a few other ideas here:
- The Silverline offers volunteer listeners to chat on the phone (including conference calls, so people can chat to each other on the phone too).
- Reengage has volunteer ‘call companions’
- Royal Voluntary Service helps older lonely people
- Find local befriending volunteer opportunities
- Meet Up Mondays organises local meet-ups
- WaveLength gives radios, to those in need.