These beautiful bedtime stories about bears, are sure to make little ones love bears, and want to help them for the rest of their lives. There’s nothing like a bedtime story about a bear, followed by a bear hug! Although we don’t have bears in England, they are very endangered, so we want the next generation to be bear-fans! And don’t forget Winnie-the-Pooh!
- Welcome Home, Bear is a tale of animal habitats. Bear is tired of waking up in the same green forest. So he searches for a new place. He visits birds in the trees, a mole underground, a camel in the hot desert and puffins in Arctic snow. Only to realize that his own home is the perfect place after all. Readers return with Bear, to the one place he is truly happy.
- The Polar Bear is a beautifully illustrated and factually correct book about polar bears. Written and illustrated by London artist Jenni Desmond, this is a poetic exploration of polar bear habitats.
- Moon Bear is the story of a boy in the Far East who is sent to work at a bear farm, to send money back to his family. When a sick cub arrives, Tam secretly nurses it back to health, and developing a strong bond, he swears to return the bear to the wild. Readers will like another rescue tale: Jasper’s Story, by the founder of Animals Asia.
- Bear-ology is a fun book for older children, combining history and fun facts about bears by Sylvie Dolson, founder of Get Bear Smart, which helps humans and bears live in peace.
- At Home With Bears Around the World is a lovely book to teach children about our bear friends across the Earth. Children with learn about all the world’s bears (panda, sun, American black & Asian black, brown, sloth, spectacled and polar bears). Where do they live, and what do they like? Who is the best climber, and who is the fastest at catching fish?
- Paddington Bear is the story of the bear ‘from darkest Peru’ who lands at Paddington station with a suitcase, a jar of marmalade and a note saying ‘please look after this bear’. This book brings together 3 classic adventures: gardening, walking along the canal or seeing the sights. Never a dull moment, when Paddington is around!
A wise bear always keeps a marmalade sandwich in his hat, in case of emergency. Paddington Bear